-+- /-\ | | | / | ' \/ \-/ o
uhh its complicated
- fedora if u like something that just works
- opensuse is pretty similar to fedora but without some codec issues
- nixos if you like funny wacky but quite interesting shit and arent afraid of having to dive into configs
- its like actually pretty cool how it works if u look into it.
- not arch. anything else please.
- my fav editor is helix. its like neovim with out of the box sane defaults and no annoying plugin ecosystem
- plugins are cool but having to use them for basic features youd expect in an ide is weird
- it also has different keybinds to vim. it swaps the model of it a bit so it's more intuitive
- if u hate cli use like, vscode or intellij idea
- i tend to use intellij exclusively for java nowadays
- i usually hate using it tho because i dont get the helix binds
- i like matrix but nobody else does
- idk. discord?
- im not a big fan of activitypub stuff because it feels like it perpectuates the same communities twitter does
- im sure other people like it
- i just dont think microblogging is a good medium for any productive discussion. just use it to post about food or something idk
- can i put rss here? rss is great. you can just have feeds from anywhere on the internet.
- there's plenty of services that let you get feeds from the Big services:
- RSS Bridge theres like another one but i cant find it
- i quite like my thinkpad t480s. its pretty light. get it off ebay if u want
- phone is sony xa2. its like, a phone.
- oh god. oh god. aahg...g aaghahghlkjhgahdlkshfakjdshfkjsadhflkajshdklfjhakjshfdlk
- so like, im a big proponent of markdown. its an open format which is pretty cool for notes
- but it doesnt let you do complicated things. which is why you need extensions to the spec.
- or a different format
need supercomputer ↑ | | | joplin³ | notion* | overleaf | ez ←--------------------+--------------------→ hard | apostrophe¹ | libreoffice | setzer² onenote* paper⁶ | word* | | | md w/ pandoc pen and paper⁵ ↓ latex⁴ need grandma's pc groff
- or equivalent markdown editor, like ghostwriter, or remarkable
- or equivalent desktop latex editor
- or equivalent desktop web-app notetaking app like obsidian
- it is possible!
- really its the only good option sometimes. you could also use one of those fancy ipads idk
- this is a program called paper, not the medium.
*. not open, or not open standard
If this is not accessible for you, click here for an alternate visual aid.